You’re considering adopting a new pet, but before you do…here are just a few things to consider for a smooth transition.
- Are there other pets in your home and if so, how will they react to a new addition?
- Is your home suited for a new pet and have you puppy (or kitten) proofed both the house and the yard?
- Do you have the necessary time to spend with your pet around work and other obligations? Who will ultimately be responsible for caring for your pet during the day?
- Are you (or anyone in your home) allergic to pets?
- Have you researched what breed best suits your family? Are you looking for a hiking buddy or a lap dog? Do you have children? Kitten or adult cat?
- If you are considering a young puppy, it will take time, consistency and patience to train.
- Also consider the size of the pet. Puppies don’t stay puppies forever. Larger and more energetic dogs will require a yard and/or sufficient play time to avoid inappropriate behavior.
- Are you prepared for the financial responsibility of pet ownership? Food & treats, vet visits (both routine and emergency), licenses, collars and leashes, microchipping, training, etc.
- If you ever have to travel, is there a responsible friend, relative or pet sitter you trust with the care of your furry friend?
Don’t Miss a Thing!
Be the first to know when posts and products go live
Comments are closed.